Tuition fee terms and
- Admission to KFBS is conditional until
the first tuition fee has been paid in full.
- Tuition fees are set prior to the start
of each academic year and vary from programme to programme.
- The student must pay the tuition fee
stipulated when he/she commences studies, provided that studies are
conducted at a regular pace and without leave of absence.
- The tuition fee must be paid by the
deadlines set by KFBS.
- The tuition fee must be paid one semester
at a time, prior to the start of each semester.
- The tuition fee imposed on programme
students covers studies amounting to 60 credits per academic year.
- Current students who fail to pay the
stipulated tuition fee by the prescribed date will be put on academic
- Tuition fees do not cover other
costs related to admission or studies at KFBS.
completion of courses and the issuing of the Diploma
- An introductory course for diploma/
Certificate programme students comprising a maximum 3 credits may be
included without extra tuition fees.
- Programme students who are registered for
courses that amount to more than 60 credits per annum will be liable to
pay for the surplus credits (except for introduction courses, max
- Students registered in individual courses
will pay a credit-based tuition fee.
- Students are liable to pay for all
courses in which they have been registered.
- A faster study pace will not result in
any remuneration of the tuition fee.
- Students who fail to complete their
course(s) will be allowed to do so at a later date without being required
to pay additional fees.
- Students who participate in exchange
programmes via KFBS are liable to pay full tuition to KFBS for their
- All outstanding tuition fees for
programmes and/or courses must be paid before a student can be issued a
- Students who change programmes within
KFBS will be liable to pay tuition for the supplementary courses needed in
order to graduate from the new programme.
- Credit transferals of up to 30 credits,
which have been sanctioned by KFBS, will not entail any reduction of the
tuition fee. The student may, however, replace such courses with KFBS
courses amounting to a maximum of the equivalent credit value.
- Credit transferals in excess of 30
credits, which have been sanctioned by KFBS, will result in a
corresponding reduction of the tuition fee.
For students taking
individual courses, the tuition fee includes
- Courses that amount to the number of
credits paid for
- The student union membership fee
- The tuition fee will be reimbursed if the cancellation of studies is caused by the denial of a residence permit or
other extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control.
- Tuition reimbursements will not include
If a student’s status changes (e.g. Domicile, Citizenship), he/she
must submit documentation to KFBS (email@example.com) that certifies the
- A change in status can only affect future
liability regarding the tuition fee.
- A change in status will not warrant any
form of retroactive compensation.
No reimbursement of the tuition fee will be made as
a result of:
- Cancellations made after the semester has
- Academic suspension or expulsion carried
out as a disciplinary measure
- Withdrawals or leaves of absence from a
programme or course
- A change in status (e.g. citizenship)
during a period of paid tuition (current term)
Terms and conditions
of scholarship holders
only to scholars with a scholarship awarded by KFBS)
- Scholarship holders must pass at least
75% of their courses during the first academic year in order to receive
the scholarship the following academic year. Only course results
registered on 1 July during the second academic year will be considered in
- Scholarships will be awarded in the form
of a reduction in the tuition fee.
- An offer of a scholarship is only valid
for the year and programme stipulated in the scholarship notification.
- If the student is granted deferment until
the next academic year, the offer of a scholarship is voided.
- If a student who has been awarded a
scholarship changes programmes, the student will risk losing the
scholarship as scholarships are programme-specific.
- If a scholarship only covers part of the
tuition fee, the student must pay the remainder of the fee by the payment
send questions regarding tuition, payment thereof etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org